Friday, July 29, 2011

I get knocked down, but I get up again…. -- Ground Meat Denise

Last night practice was pretty great.  I still don’t know what the hell I am doing 100% but I am getting it a little more.  Little, by little, I will get there.  My goal this weekend is to read the rules and watch some derby bouts on-line.

There is definitely an adrenaline rush when you are in the pack during a scrimmage.  I did hear one “good Denise” from the “side lines”, so that was a huge boost.  That’s all I need, just knowing each week that I did one thing good will keep me going.  Just sometimes I have to give myself the credit and not rely on others.  I took some hits, but I GOT BACK UP and tried again!!  Right now, that’s what I have to keep on doing.

When I got home last night, I couldn’t sleep at first because I was feeling pretty pumped. Unfortunately Paula hasn’t been at the last few practices where we have actually scrimmaged which is a bummer because I know she will LOVE this, now that we are at this point.  But her work schedule has been conflicting.

Aaaahhh, feeling good.  And I have my first derby bruise!!!  Small one, on my left wrist.  I fell on it a couple of times last night.  Have to remember not to do that going forward, to try to avoid falling on my wrists.

Lady Shatterly was their last night from Boston Derby Dames and in a word she is AMAZING!!!  She lapped me 3 times when we did the 25 in 5 and I just had to laugh because she is at a whole other level than I.  And watching her jam and block and just play….in awe.

Peace out homies.

No comments:

Post a Comment